Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year resolutions


  1. When I suggest NY resolutions to others, I will try to keep the list to less than ten items.  Unless they really, really need more.

  1. Continue making fun of all my Mac- and iPhone-loving friends and colleagues for being mindless Apple-worshipping drones getting sucked in by all the hype.

  1. Convert at least ten more people to use Amazon's Kindle.  That thing is frigging awesome!

  1. Continue antagonising Lynn, Big Daddy and jillsmo.  Otherwise, they might never learn how to behave in public.

  1. Continue antagonising a couple of young wankers at work.  Otherwise, they might never learn they're wankers.

  1. Take the boys to the movies for the first time in their lives.  It won't count if we need to walk out halfway through the film, so it may take a few tries.

  1. Blog every week.  This list counts as this week's entry.  Single photos with smarty-pants comments don't count as entries.

  1. Teach the boys stuff.  Details are a bit sketchy, I know…

  1. Whenever a Canadian Facebook friend complains about winter, to always comment "Winter! Lol!" or "Snow! Lol!"

  1. Take up smoking.  People look damned cool when they're smoking.  Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

8 comments:

  1. Im with you on #2. #4 needs some work. I have no idea what a "wanker" is but I don't think I'd like to work with a bunch of young ones.

    Good luck with #10. I think you'd look super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know a few wankers who need to be taken down a peg or two as well. Good luck and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I resolve to never use the word "sphincter" in 2011. In my blog that is. In return, you should try to keep the use of the word "antagonising" down to just one resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lynn: No deal. "Sphincter" away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! and today it is so mild here in Canada, I am missing our snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I got #6 on my list done. Brought the boys to see a non-3D version of Megamind. They lasted right through to the end!

    It counts if they spent half the movie on the floor, stimming over those tiny little lights on the steps. Doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Have just found your blog - I am new to the blogging world and began my own this year. I too have two autistic children (2 boys) and a girl (non-asd) and my husband has Aspergers! We are in Melbourne, Australia. Hope you can pop by my blog if you have time - it's a mix of all our journeys.
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were right! You told me I'd love my Kindle and I DID get it for Christmas! I absolutely LOVE it!!! Who knew it had so many capabilities?

    And I am with you on the Mac thing. My husband is obsessed with his MacBook but it stops there. We have Droid phones. I am not a tech savvy person but he is very, very into gadgets and knows the best version of everything out there.

    ReplyDelete